Newzleech Goes Down Again
Last Updated: Sep 08, 2019
August 2019 – Newzleech mysteriously shutdowns without warning.
Newzleech, a popular NZB search engine hosted in Russia offering free access to over 600 plus days of binary Usenet posts, has been taken offline several times. Below is a history of Newzleech.
History of Newzleech shutdowns
August 2019 – Newzleech mysteriously shutdowns without warning. No police notice. Only a blank NGINX screen instead of a working Usenet Search Engine
January 2017 – Newzleech returns online after a hiatus of 6 year. See November 2009 date below.
November 2009 – Newzleech closed their doors from 2010 to 2016 due to an incident involving the Ukrainian Police and Security Services. The text below was taken from the Newzleech website while still briefly available: On Nov 19 2009 Newzleech’s host in Ukraine Colocall got raided by the country’s secret service. Newzleech wasn’t targeted specifically. Every server in the building was removed as part of an unrelated criminal case. Why they took every server nobody knows. Lots of legitimate Ukrainian businesses have been affected. In case you’re worried there was zero logs on the server so don’t worry about that Unfortunately, there isn’t a recent backup on the server scripts. I am currently rebuilding the site from the old backups that I have. Please be patient while the site is being rebuilt. We should be back before the end of the year.
Alternatives to Newzleech
- Nzbplanet : 5 NZBs Daily. $10/Year for VIP
- NZBGrabit : 10 Zip Dls / Day. $15/Year & $35/Life
- NZBFinder : Free: 5 NZBs & 25 API Calls.. 10, 20, 35 Euros.
- ABnzb : 20 NZBs & 100 Calls. $25/Year for VIP
- NZBGeek : No Free Account. $12/Year for VIP
- GingaDaddy : 3 API Hits/NZB Grabs. $17/Year for VIP
- Wtfnzb : Free . Search
- SimplyNZB : 10 API Hits Daily.. £2.50 GBP for Basic Access
- News69 : 40 NZBs & 1000 Calls. None
- NZBCat : 1 NZB & 10 APIs Daily. $5/Year for VIP