|Price||€7,50 / Month|
|Free Trial||7 Days/Unlimited GB|
|Features||Best EU Provider|
Dutch based USENET provider Eweka has been in business since 2001 has a reputation for high quality and fast speeds. Eweka owns and manages their own USENET backbone so you can expect short routes, low ping times and high speed especially if you live in Europe.
Eweka Quick Facts
- Special price for UsenetReviewz.com visitors – €7,50/mo for Eweka’s top-end plan
- €7,50/mo (regular price: €9,60)—UsenetReviewz.com visitors save 22% and get free upgrade to 200 Mbps (normally 50 Mbps).
- Unlimited downloads and 256-bit SSL
- Newslazer – included newsreader that allows you to search, preview and download.
- Compatible with all popular Usenet automation apps like Sonarr and CouchPotato.
- 3278 days of retention and growing (most offered by any European USENET provider)
- EU servers only
- 20 connections
- Customer support available in English, Dutch, German and French
Binary Retention – Binary retention for Eweka is currently at 3278 days across over 120,000+ newsgroups. Eweka continues to grow retention and is the leader in binary retention across all European USENET providers 99.5% completion the service is quite reliable. Text retention is set at the same.
Pricing – Eweka offers two different pricing tiers which vary according to the download speed. Eweka’s service features 3278 days of binary retention for every plan and all plans are unlimited. Note: By signing up through our website, you will receive the 300 Mbit plan for the price of the 50 Mbit plan.
- 50 Mbit for €7.50 / Month
- 300 Mbit for €9.60 / Month
Free Trial Info – Eweka offers a 1-week free trial with unlimited free downloads! This free one week trail requires no payment information and is available only by signing up through our website.
Special Offers / Coupons – By signing up through our website, you can receive both a free 1 week trial and the upgraded 300 Mbit unlimited plan for the price of the 50 Mbit plan. Currently Eweka is offering the King’s Day Deal which is €5/mo for a yearly High Speed subscription with unlimited downloads. This special started April 25 and lasts through Saturday, May 5th.
Speed – Our download speeds max out at 50 Mbps. During our test we were able to utilize all available bandwidth despite the bandwidth despite routing from South America to Europe. Note: download speeds can be affected by intermediary Internet connections.
Connections – All plans with Eweka are limited at 20 connections: Note: this is probably much more than you need. More connections does not always mean faster speeds.
News Servers / Ports / Configuration – NNTP Server address for Eweka: news.eweka.nl Ports : 119(No SSL), 563(SSL) and 443(SSL)
Frequently Asked Questions for Eweka –
- Which package should I pick ? Signup using UsenetReviewz.com special pricing offer and get the unlimited plan for the price of our 50 MBit plan ( €7.50 / Month).
- How can I extend my Eweka plan? Login to the website. From there click on ‘Extend/Upgrade’ and choose the plan you would like and pay. Note: It will take a few minutes for your account to be extended.
- How can I upgrade my Eweka plan? Login to the website. From there click on ‘Extend/Upgrade’ and choose the plan you would like. Note: It will take a few minutes for your account to be upgraded. Note: You are able to upgrade your monthly account in the middle of your plan.
- What does a 502 error mean? A 502 error notification indicates 1 of 2 things. First option (502 – Access denied to your node), is that your username or your password is incorrect. Remember your username is identical to the email address that you registered with. Second option (502 – You’ve reached your maximum number of simultaneous connections), is that you have reached the maximum number of NNTP connection allowed per your plan. You are limited to 20 connections with your Eweka account. This is more than enough for any newsreader. Try 8 connections for maximum speeds.
- Are Discounts offered for yearly signup? Eweka.nl offers a discount for yearly signups. However by using UsenetReviewz.com’s signup link you will receive the same deal €7.50 / month. You will receive the best prices by signing up via our affiliate partners such as UsenetReviewz.com
- Does Eweka have a newsreader included? Yes Eweka. Check out more detail on Eweka’s newsreader called NewsLazer below.
- What Newsreader should I use? Our first recommendation would be check out NewsLazer which is included free with all Eweka plans. Otherwise if you aren’t happy with Newslazer then see UsenetReviewz.com’s list of the best USENET newsreader clients for a good start in researching what is best for you.
- Does Eweka include a VPN connection ? – No unfortunately Eweka does not offer an included VPN service. If you are looking for a bundled USENET and VPN service then check out Tweaknews if you are in Europe or if you are in the USA then look at the yearly plan for Newshosting
- How do I search USENET and find the content I am looking for? you could start by visiting UsenetReviewz.com’s list of the best NZB sites and start your search there.
- Any special offers available for Eweka ? UsenetReviewz.com offers the best pricing however during late November there is Black Friday and other holiday periods when you can occasionally realize greater discounts. Signup for our newsletter and bookmark our website.
- Can I pay via Paypal? Yes. Paypal is supported. Eweka has a variety of common payment options for European and International residents: Credit and Debit cards, iDeal, Paypal, Bank Transfer and SMS payments.
Newslazer Newsreader Client
The Newslazer Newsreader is high quality USENET newsreader supporting both Windows and MacOSX and best of all included for free for all Eweka customers no matter what plan they choose. Newslazer Newsreader allows you to search and filter USENET messages and import NZB files.
Here in the image above you get an idea of how easy the Newslazer newsreader is to use. Just start up and search for whatever you want. Notice that we are able to search and filter in various ways such as but not limited to size, name and file type.
Support – support is available via email or webform. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that Eweka support is available Monday – Tuesday form 09:30 – 13:00 and 13:30 – 17:00. Friday from 10:30 – 13:00 and 13:30 – 17:00. This refers to the time zone CEST (Central European Summer Time) UTC/GMT +2 hours
Contact Information – Contact Eweka via email email@example.com or if you really want to visit them at their offices in the Nederlands.
Eweka Internet Services
Staten Bolwerk 1
2011 MK Haarlem
Payment Options – Eweka accepts: Major Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Paypal, Bank Transfer, MisterCash(available with all Belgium Banks), Giropay(available via all German Banks) and SMS direct payment. Eweka supports both a prepaid system and a subscription model for payments.
Our Opinion – Eweka is one of our popular USENET providers for four good reasons: Price, Speed, Binary Retention and backend infrastructure. Kudos to Eweka for offering free SSL included with every plan.
We also really like that Eweka offers a free 1 week trial which requires no payment information if you signup through our website.
Take advantage of UsenetReviewz’s special pricing offer and try out Eweka for a week to see if they work for you.