Last Updated: Jan 19, 2022
|Price||$8.33 / Month|
|Free VPN Access|
Newshosting is currently our best USENET service provider. They have provided Usenet access since 1999 and have earned a reputation for having the highest quality and fastest speeds. Newshosting also has the best binary and text retention of any Usenet service provider, meaning they have the largest Usenet archive available that will generally provide the best search results and highest completion rates. At the time of this review, they offer close to 13 years of retention for every newsgroup – a massive difference compared to many other providers, some of which offer just a few months of retention.
Newshosting is a Tier-1 provider, meaning they directly own and operate their own servers. They also purchase premium bandwidth routing with the fastest and most stable Usenet connections of any other Tier-1 provider.
Overall, Newshosting offers the best and most complete all-in-one Usenet access. Here is a summary outlining everything you get with a Newshosting account.
Newshosting Quick Summary
- LIFETIME DEAL (58% OFF) $8.33 / Month special price for UsenetReviewz.com visitors + free newsreader with search + a free VPN account with a yearly sign-up + access to 100 connections
- Normal price:
- Fastest and most reliable Tier-1 usenet service provider
- Global server farms in N. America and Europe. Newshosting auto-routes you to the best server location in real-time for the fastest download speeds.
- The industry-leader in retention with billions more articles available than most providers. Because of this, you get the best search results and most complete downloads.
- One of the few providers dedicated to continued retention growth. No article posted to Newshosting’s server is ever expired. In other words - you get access to an ever-growing database of Usenet articles.
- The exact retention number is listed clearly and prominently on their website and updated daily.
- Newshosting keeps multiple copies of every article to ensure 100% availability
- 100% unlimited access is provided with zero usage logging, speed throttling or download caps.
- All plans include a free newsreader software with integrated search technology. Software features at-a-glance:
- Free software for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Instant setup – the newsreader is pre-configured with your account, so no manual configuration is required
- Built-in Usenet search with file previews included
- Automated search and downloads – set personalized search queries based on keyword, size file range and file type (e.g. video, audio, image, software and documents) to regularly look for articles not yet posted to Usenet.
- Supports NZB files via simple drag-and-drop or manual file import
- Bookmark and browse your favorite binary and/or text newsgroups
- Server connection speed graph to monitor your speeds
- All headers are stored at the full retention period - important for users who prefer to manually browse newsgroups to discover articles and also necessary for newsreaders with built-in search since they use headers to run their searches.
- Free PrivadoVPN account is included, a Zero-Logs VPN service that has ample server coverage, free software, and a kill switch feature
- Compatible with all popular Usenet automation apps like Sonarr, Radarr, and CouchPotato.
- Customer support available in English, Dutch, German and French
Newshosting has, by far, the best retention rates of any Tier-1 Usenet service provider. As of today, they offer 5220 days (and growing) across over 125,000+ groups, both text and binary. When you compare this to providers that only offer a few months of retention, you’re getting access to hundreds of billions of more Usenet posts with Newshosting.
In addition to offering the most retention, Newshosting provides over 99% article completion. Considering that you’re getting unlimited monthly access, a free newsreader with search and file preview features, and a free VPN with your account, this is easily our top recommended services in terms of overall quality and value.
Newshosting offers several packages with pricing varying based on the number of connections, amount of monthly data allowed, and whether or not VPN is included. UsenetReviewz visitors get up to 58% off for life on Newshosting’s Unlimited plan. If you choose the annual plan, you will also get a Zero-Log VPN account for free.
Retail Pricing for Newshosting
|Name||Price||Download Limits||Connections||Free Trial||SSL|
|Lite||$10||50 GB / Mo||30||true||true|
Free Trial Info
Newshosting offers a 2 week free trial with all plans. This includes up to 30 GB of high-speed downloads (i.e. speeds are not capped) from any of their server farms plus access to all retention. If you decide that Newshosting is not right for you, cancel any time before 14 days or 30 gigs of transfer and you will not be charged for the plan you chose during registration. It’s straightforward to cancel and for 30 gigs of free transfer, it’s definitely worth a try.
Please note: the free trial offer is not included with UsenetReviewz.com’s discounted special pricing, so if you want to get the best price for Newshosting and feel confident with our recommendation, we’d recommend locking in the special rate instead (discounted plan is available to new users only).
Special Offers / Coupons
If you sign up through UsenetReviewz, you will get a special discount that will automatically apply for the lifetime of your Newshosting account. There are 2 discounted options – A monthly Unlimited plan for $9.99/mo that does not include a VPN, and an annual plan for $8.33/mo, which includes a VPN. Both plans include access to all text and binary retention, access to all server farms, and a free newsreader with unlimited article search, previews, and SSL-secured downloads. The Newshosting UsenetReviewz also now includes access to 100 SSL-secured connections to any server 24 hours a day from 60 connections previously.
We maxed out at 50 Mbps during our testing and were able to utilize all available bandwidth despite the bandwidth routing from South America to North America. Newshosting owns and operates their own network and has the best bandwidth routing, meaning you get the best possible speeds when connecting to their Usenet servers. This top provider also has multiple server farms in North America and Europe and auto-routes you to the optimal server location in real-time for the fastest download experience.
Connection Speed Test
The discounted Unlimited plan available through UsenetReviewz gives you up to 100 SSL-secured connections, which should be more than enough to maximize your ISP’s bandwidth. Keep in mind that using more connections than is needed could actually slow down your Usenet access speeds (for us, 8 connections was optimal), so you’ll want to be sure to run a few tests with varying number of connections to find the configuration that works best for you.
News Servers / Ports / Configuration
In most cases, configuring a newsreader with Newshosting is as simple as entering the hostname news.newshosting.com and port 563 along with your Newshosting username and password. From that point forward, DNS will then automatically route your connection to the fastest and closest server to get you the fastest and most stable access speeds.
However, if you are looking for more specific server information for your configuration, please see below.
- Hostname: news.newshosting.com
- Standard NNTP Ports: 119, 23, 25, 80, 3128
- SSL Ports: 563, 443
IPv4 NNTP servers
- news.newshosting.com (recommended geographic auto select hostnames)
- news-us.newshosting.com ( United States hostnames)
- news-eu.newshosting.com (European hostnames)
- news-nl.newshosting.com (Dutch hostnames)
- news-de.newshosting.com (German hostnames)
IPv6 NNTP servers
- news6.newshosting.com (recommended geographic auto select hostnames)
- news-us6.newshosting.com ( United States hostnames)
- news-eu6.newshosting.com (European hostnames)
- news-nl6.newshosting.com (Dutch hostnames)
- news-de6.newshosting.com (German hostnames)
Note: while currently not all USENET newsreaders support IPv6 its good to know that Newshosting is thinking of the future.
Frequently Asked Questions for Newshosting
Which package should I pick ?
- We recommend the annual plan for a few reasons – It gives you the best price per month ($8.33, which is a 58% discount), gives you unlimited downloads, and includes the Newshosting Newsreader as well as unlimited zero-log VPN access for free.
What are the benefits of using a VPN ?
- VPN provides many benefits including online privacy protection for all your Internet-enabled devices. It will secure unsecured wifi networks and gives you the ability to circumvent online censorship and geo-IP blocking.
What Newsreader should I use?
- We recommend the Newshosting Newsreader. It’s free and includes all the features of a premium Newsreader including integrated search, article previews, and even scheduling. It also supports NZB files (manual and also drag-and-drop import). If you find that the newsreader does not meet your criteria, take a look at our newsreader clients to shortcut the research process.
How do I search USENET and find the content I am looking for?
- We recommend starting with UsenetReviewz.com’s list of NZB sites.
Can I pay via Paypal?
- Yes. Paypal is supported.
Newshosting Newsreader Client
The Newshosting Newsreader is a fully-featured USENET newsreader available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. All Newshosting users, no matter what plan level, including free trial users, can get a free copy of the Newsreader.
Here are some of the main features that we like about the newsreader.
- It’s free
- Fast setup (just download, then put in your Newshosting username/pw)
- Integrated Usenet search that is easy to use and produces accurate search results
- Integrated article previews
- Ability to browse all newsgroups
- Ability to bookmark and browse just your favorite newsgroups
- Scheduling feature
- Auto-unpacking and auto-repairing
- NZB files fully supported
The screenshot above gives you an idea of how easy Newshosting’s newsreader is to use. The interface is intuitive, and also includes lots of bells and whistles available for those looking for a hands-on Usenet experience. Just start up and search for whatever you want. Notice that we are able to search and filter in various ways such as but not limited to size, name and file type.
You can check out our review on Newshosting’s newsreader for a more in-depth look at its features and what makes it one of our top newsreader of choice.
Newshosting’s VPN Client
Newshosting offers a full featured VPN client for free when you sign up for the yearly USENET plan or you can pay an additional $4.95 / month if you want to stick with monthly billing.
Newshosting VPN client details
- Zero-log VPN
- Protected by Swiss Piracy Laws
- Premium, Proprietary Network
- Global VPN Server Network
- Fast Speeds
- End-to-End encryption
- Free & Easy-to-Use Apps
- Unblocks Global Streaming
- P2P Support
- IP Leak Protection
- Kill Switch
- Up to 10 Devices with one account
- Free account provides same service as its premium version
- 24/7 Customer Support
24/7 support for Newshosting is available via email. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get a ticket notification emailed to you, followed by a personal ticket response from a Support agent. You can also contact Newshosting via Facebook, although it is recommended to email directly with any technical issues.
Contact Newshosting via email email@example.com
Newshosting states on their website that “We do not monitor which newsgroups you post to or download from or what you put in news articles that you post.” Newshosting also goes on to state that they “will not release any customer information unless ordered to do so by a court of law”. Although these no logging statements read black and white, if you are very concerned about online privacy and anonymity, then you can sign up for a USENET service provider that supports Bitcoin such as PureUSENET. Note: with any usenet provider you will need to have a valid email address associated with your account.
Newshosting accepts Major Credit Cards and Paypal
Newshosting has been a favorite provider of ours for years and is currently our best USENET service provider. They have provided outstanding Usenet access for over 2 decades, run their own independent newsfeed with servers in multiple locations throughout the world, have the most retention to ensure user access to the oldest articles, and include a free Newsreader with built-in search as well as a free zero-log VPN service. If you are looking for the best service and best value, we recommend going with this service.
You can also get a special lifetime 58% discount, which will apply automatically, through UsenetReviewz.