|Price||$8.33 / Month|
|Free Trial||14 Days / 30 GB|
|Free VPN Access|
US based USENET provider Newshosting is currently our favorite, top ranked USENET provider. Newshosting has been in business since 2000 and has rightly earned a reputation for high quality and fast speeds. Newshosting is a tier 1 provider meaning that they own and maintain their own servers so you can expect short routes and high speed connections especially if you live in the USA or Europe.
Newshosting Quick Facts
- $8.33 / Month for UsenetReviewz.com visitors + a free VPN account with a yearly signup. Normal price is $19.94 – UsenetReviewz.com visitors save 58%.
- Newshosting newsreader to search, preview and download content.
- Uncapped speeds – other providers will limit download speeds
- 3718 days of retention and growing (the most offered by any USENET provider)
- Free zero-log, unlimited usage VPN service included with yearly USENET plan
- US and EU NNTP servers
- 30 connections
- Compatible with all popular Usenet automation apps like Sonarr and CouchPotato.
- Customer support available in English, Dutch, German and French
Binary Retention – Binary retention for Newshosting is currently at 3718 days and growing across over 125,000+ newsgroups. Newshosting has been the leader in binary retention since 2015 and due to their tier one provider status and 99.5% completion on articles their service is quite reliable. Text retention is also currently at 3718 days.
Pricing – Newshosting offers several different pricing tiers for retail users however if you sign up through our website you will receive the best deal possible.
Retail Pricing for Newshosting
|Name||Price||Download Limits||Connections||Free Trial||SSL|
|NHXL Powerpack||$15.83||Unlimited||60||Yes||Yes, Included|
|NH Unlimited||$12.95||Unlimited||30||Yes||Yes, Included|
|NH Lite||$10||20 GB / Month||30||Yes||Yes, Included|
Free Trial Info – Newshosting is offering a 14 day or 30 GB free trial offer for all retail plans. If you decide that Newshosting is not right for you, cancel any time before 14 days or 30 gigs of transfer and you will not be charged for the plan. Its straightforward to cancel and for 30 gigs of free transfer, it’s definitely worth a try. Please note: the free trial offer is not compatible with UsenetReviewz.com’s discounted special pricing so if you want to get the best price for Newshosting and feel confident with our recommendation then just signup now.
Special Offers / Coupons – By signing up through our website, you can avoid the retail pricing and if you sign up for a year not only can you get the price down to $8.33 a month but also included is Newshosting’s VPN client. Also from time to time, Newshosting makes special offers available. Bookmark our website or signup for our mailing list.
Speed – Our download speeds max out at 50 Mbps. During our test we were able to utilize all available bandwidth despite the bandwidth despite routing from South America to North America. Note: download speeds can be affected by intermediary Internet connections.
Connections – With our special offer, you would receive 30 connections. This is more than enough and having too many NNTP connections could actually slow down USENET downloads. Think of 8 connections as being ideal. If you go with retail pricing, no idea why you would do that but then as noted above you could get 60 connections per user included in the retail plan for $16 a month.
News Servers / Ports / Configuration – in most cases configuring a newsreader will be as easy as entering the hostname news.newshosting.com and port 563. DNS will then automatically route your connection to geographically closest server.
Standard NNTP Ports: 119, 23, 25, 80, 3128
SSL Ports: 563, 443
IPv4 NNTP servers
- news.newshosting.com (recommended geographic auto select hostnames)
- news-us.newshosting.com ( United States hostnames)
- news-eu.newshosting.com (European hostnames)
- news-nl.newshosting.com (Dutch hostnames)
- news-de.newshosting.com (German hostnames)
IPv6 NNTP servers
- news6.newshosting.com (recommended geographic auto select hostnames)
- news-us6.newshosting.com ( United States hostnames)
- news-eu6.newshosting.com (European hostnames)
- news-nl6.newshosting.com (Dutch hostnames)
- news-de6.newshosting.com (German hostnames)
Frequently Asked Questions for Newshosting –
- Which package should I pick ? We recommend the annual plan which includes both the Newshosting newsreader and the VPN service for free.
- What are the benefits of using a VPN ? Privacy, spoof your geographical location and prevent hacking to your computer and/or mobile device.
- What Newsreader should I use? First try out the included Newshosting Newsreader. If this does not meet your criteria then be sure to take at this list of newsreader clients to shortcut the research process.
- How do I search USENET and find the content I am looking for? you could start by visiting UsenetReviewz.com’s list of NZB sites and start your search there.
- Can I pay via Paypal? Yes. Paypal is supported.
Newshosting Newsreader Client
The Newshosting Newsreader is high quality USENET newseader supporting both Windows and MacOSX and best of all included for free for all Newshosting customers no matter what plan level. Newshosting Newsreader allows you to search and filter USENET messages, import NZB files and add backup NNTP server if needed.
Here in the image above you get an idea of how easy Newshosting’s newsreader is to use. Just start up and search for whatever you want. Notice that we are able to search and filter in various ways such as but not limited to size, name and file type.
Newshosting’s VPN Client
Newshosting offers a full featured VPN client for free when you signup for the yearly USENET plan or you can pay an additional $4.95 / month if you want to stick with monthly billing.
Newshosting VPN client details
- Support 4 different VPN protocols
- Access to 0ver 100+ server locations throughout the world
- Unlimited downloads
- Nat firewall built into the client to secure your connection.
- Available for Windows and MacOSX
- Linux versions can use OpenVPN config files included.
Support – support for Newshosting is available via email. Email email@example.com. You can also contact Newshosting via twitter or facebook but ideally its recommended to email them if you have any technical issues.
Contact Information – Contact Newshosting via email firstname.lastname@example.org
807 West Morse Blvd.
Winter Park, FL 32789
Payment Options – Newshosting accepts Major Credit Cards and Paypal
Our Opinion – Newshosting is one of our favorite brands, they have been around for a long time, they run their own servers and with their built in Newsreader and free VPN service (if you signup for a year) we think that they are currently represent the best choice
Take advantage of UsenetReviewz’s special pricing offer and consider the yearly plan so you can get both a good monthly rate and their VPN service included.