Last Updated: Apr 26, 2019
|Price||€6.63 / Month|
|Free Trial||7 Days/Unlimited GB|
|Features||Good EU Provider|
PureUsenet is a popular Dutch USENET provider. PureUSENET is well known for their competitively priced high speed USENET plans. All of PureUSENET plans are unlimited and they accept a variety of European methods including bitcoin. Take advantage of our special price discount offer available by signing up through our website.
PureUSENET Quick Summary
- European provider that gives users direct access to European Usenet servers.
- 1 week free trial with unlimited free downloads
- 256-bit SSL encryption
- Variety of plans with varying speeds (unlimited Mbps for as low as €6,63/mo)
- 2000 days of retention
- Compatible with Usenet automation apps like Sonarr, SickBeard, etc
- 99.99% download completion
- EU servers only
- English, Dutch, German and French customer support
- Bitcoin also accepted
Binary retention for PureUSENET is currently at 2000 days. Text retention is set at the same.
PureUSENET offers different pricing packages based on the speed at which you can download and the number of connections you’re allotted. The service features 2000 days of binary retention for every plan and all plans are unlimited. Download speeds and connections and of course prices are the only features that differentiate them. The plans are as follows:
- XS: 4 Mbps and 4 connections for €1.83
- S: 8 Mbps and 4 connections for €2.63
- M: 20 Mbps and 8 connections for €3.43
- L: 30 Mbps and 8 connections for €4.23
- XL: 60 Mbps and 12 connections for €5.03
- XXL: Unlimited speed and 12 connections for €6.63
Free Trial Info
PureUSENET offers a 1-week free trial with unlimited free downloads! If you choose not to cancel before the week is up, you’ll begin your regular subscription to the service.
Special Offers / Coupons
By signing up through our website you will get the best price of €6.63 a month for unlimited download speeds. PureUSENET will occasionally run special offers. Bookmark our website and/or signup for our mailing list to stay informed.
Our download speeds max out at 50 Mbps. During our test we were able to utilize all available bandwidth despite the bandwidth despite routing from South America to Europe. Note: download speeds can be affected intermediary Internet connections.
Depending on the plan you select NNTP connections allowed range from 4 up to 12.
News Servers / Ports / Configuration
NNTP Server address for PureUsenet: news.pureusenet.nl
Ports : 119(No SSL), 80(No SSL), 563(SSL), 443(SSL)
Frequently Asked Questions for PureUSENET
- Which package should I pick ? Since all PureUSENET plans offer unlimited downloads and SSL, you should choose according to the speed of your Internet Service Provider. If for example, you have a broadband plan allowing up to 50 Mbps download then you should choose the Pure L package for €4.23 a month. If you are limited to 25 Mbps then a Pure M package ( €3.43 a month ) could work well for you. Unlimited speeds? – Choose the XXL plan for €6.63.
- How can I Extend my PureUSENET plan? Login to the website. From there click on ‘Extend/Upgrade’ and choose the plan you would like and pay. Note: It will take a few minutes for your account to be extended.
- How can I upgrade my PureUSENET plan? Login to the website. From there click on ‘Extend/Upgrade’ and choose the plan you would like. Note: It will take a few minutes for your account to be upgraded. Note: You are able to upgrade your monthly account in the middle of your plan.
- How can I downgrade my PureUSENET plan? Login to the website. From there click on ‘Extend/Upgrade’ (yes it says ‘Extend/Upgrade’ but it will allow you to downgrade as well) and choose the plan you would like. Note: It will take a few minutes for your account to be upgraded.
- What does a 502 error mean? A 502 error notification indicates 1 of 2 things. First option (502 – Access denied to your node), is that your username or your password is incorrect. Remember your username is identical to the email address that you registered with. Second option (502 – You’ve reached your maximum number of simultaneous connections), is that you have reached the maximum number of NNTP connection allowed per your plan. If you need more connections – login via the website and follow the prompts ‘Extend/Upgrade’ to increase your account.
- Are Discounts offered for yearly signup?_ PureUSENET offers monthly signups only. You will receive the best prices by signing up via our affiliate partners such as UsenetReviewz.com
- Does PureUSENET have a newsreader included? No unfortunately PureUSENET does not offer a newsreader as part of their service. If you are looking for a USENET service with a newsreader included then check out Newshosting.
- What Newsreader should I use? There are many to choose from some free and some not. It also depends on your intended use. Check out UsenetReviewz.com’s list of the best USENET newsreader clients for a good start in researching what is best for you.
- Does PureUSENET include a VPN connection ? – No unfortunately PureUSENET does not offer an included VPN service. If you are looking for a USENET service with a VPN service included then check out Newshosting.
- How do I search USENET and find the content I am looking for? you could start by visiting UsenetReviewz.com’s list of the best NZB sites and start your search there.
- Can I pay via Paypal? Paypal is not supported. Instead please try Visa, Mastercard, Bitcoin, sofort, iDeal and / or Paysafe card.
support is available via email or telephone. Email email@example.com Phone +1-602-715-1650
Sudurlandsbraut 18 Reykjavik 108 Iceland
RG7 1NT, UK
PureUSENET states on their website that “Privacy is of paramount importance to us. To protect your privacy we do not save detailed data bout your use of our Usenet service. The only details we do save are statistical details about the total use of your account”. As noted elsewhere in this review, SSL is available for free with PureUSENET provided that you properly setup your NNTP connection. Remember to use port 563 or 443 for privacy. Also if you are concerned about privacy, you could sign up for the account using Bitcoin. Note: you will need to have a valid email address associated with your account.
PureUSENET accepts: Major Credit Cards, iDeal, sofort, Paysafe card and Bitcoin for payment. Take advantage of bitcoin for additional privacy.
PureUSENET is one of our popular USENET providers for two good reasons: Price and Speed. While they may not have the best binary retention on the market, PureUSENET delivers on speed with flexible pricing plans.
We also really like that PureUSENET has made some additional efforts with security and privacy with free SSL and Bitcoin as a payment option.
Take advantage of the free trial offer available through our link and try out PureUsenet for a week to see if they work. We think you will be happy.