Oznzb has been online since Jan 2013. The site has an impressive amount of releases and is filling out their indexes with new material at present. Currently, the site goes back four and a half years and has more than 2,500,000 releases on it. The developers say that translates to almost 52,000 pages and that the index is being filled up with more new releases on a daily basis as well as adding more group and backfilling those. This is definitely one of the best indexers we have reviewed in that developers seem to know what they are doing.
Recently Oznzb has released a new advanced reporting feature that highlights all releases that have been reported, they allow users to one click report passworded, spam, not available and other – each one of these will color the release in a different color that makes it easy for other users to identify.
Also when we talked to them recently they said “We are also working on integrating the reported releases feature with our API so that Sabnzbd, CP, etc can feed back on some releases and ignore ones that have been reported.”
This site is based on the popular Newznab platform. OZnzb supports RSS feeds and an API is available to users. The site runs on dedicated hardware, with 8 CPUs, 32GB of ram and 800GB of storage. The bandwidth for the site is unlimited and the developers can pull more resources when needed. It’s currently hosted in Australia at a T1 datacenter. The developers say they are working on add more backend servers to handle the release processing and improve update speeds.
The site has a nicely integrated PHP forum available to all users with some great technical support articles for setting up Couch Potato, SickBeard, and other API based software to work with the site . They ask that users support the community by adding reviews and votes to releases.
This site only supports SSL, offering privacy to users. Actually downloading files with SSL, of course, will require that you have a USENET access provider who offers that encryption, which our favorite providers do.
Key Site Features
- All connections SSL based to the site.
- Complete API support for Couch Potato, SickBeard, Headphones, and more.
- Site is hosted behind some serious computing power and seems to have very fast internet connection.
- Tightly integrated feature rich PHPbb forum that does not make you leave the site.
- Integrated IRC chat channel on the menus.
- Search results allow you to preview video and audio releases before downloading.
- Custom made release rating system that lets users rate video and audio quality a score out of 10, as well as overall thumbs up and down.
- The search engine and forums were very fast and responsive.
- Very clean and easy to use user interface.
They are compatible with the following:
On the servers, you’ll find plenty of videos and music, but the site does not discriminate against other types of content and users are welcome to make requests that new newsgroups be added to the index. There are currently 147 groups indexed by the server and they add new ones regularly. There are currently in excess of 2,500,000 files on the system.
The content goes back 1630 days at present on most groups, and the developers are increasing that as they backfill their groups. Content is currently updated at least every 10 minutes and sometimes sooner, they are aiming to get this down to every 3 minutes
Oznzb.com uses a checking process to make sure that there aren’t any spam password-protected files in their indexes, bringing up the quality of the content on their site. The developers say this helps a lot but they are still not immune to the rar inside rar password protected releases.
- Freeloader: Zero spend
- 5 Downloads / 5 API Calls per day (5/5)
- Invites 0
- Forum Status Icon – Freeloader
- VIP: Spend $16.00 or above – 1 year VIP Status
- 100 Downloads / 1000 API Calls per day (100/1000)
- Invites 5
- Forum Status Icon – VIP
- +VIP+: Spend $30.00 or above – 2 year +VIP+ Status
- 250 Downloads / 2500 API Calls per day (250/2500)
- Invites 15
- Forum Status Icon – +VIP+
- LEGEND: Spend $55.00 or above – Lifetime LEGEND Status
- 2000 Downloads / 10000 API Calls per day (2000/10000)
- Invites 30
- Forum Status Icon – LEGEND
Based on what we have seen OZnzb do over the last two years months we recommend that you check them out!