NZBVortex is a small and efficient NZB client for OSX . It is very fast USENET client, which has ability to skip not-required par2 files and will skip downloads of sample files. It also has extreme fast par2 pre-check called “SmartCheck, which is a feature that is able to detect if a par2 check is required at all. If par2 check is not required, NZBVortex will completely skip it.
NZBVortex is available in two editions: free and paid. In free version, some advanced features are not available. On the other hand, personal license costs $14.99. It is possible to purchase this license with the use of Paypal, Mastercard or Visacard.
Core features NZBVortex has are:
- Multi connection / threaded downloading
- Optimized downloading (auto par2 skipping)
- Par and par2 verify and repair
- Automatic decompressing downloaded files
- RSS feed support
- Cleanup unwanted files
- Ability to start post processing manually
- Separate download and Complete folder
- Shutdown when all downloads are completed
- NZB watch folder
- Skip Sample files (option)
- Automatic cleanup files
- Simultaneous transfer (option)
- yEnc encoded articles
- Simple but clear Native OSX UI (Cocoa)
- Optimized for OSX 10.6 (32/64 bit)
- Low HDD usage (memory caching, good for SSD drives)
- Supports SSL servers
- Zipped NZB support
- Download Throttling/Limiting
- Growl support
- Sparkle auto update
NZBVortex is well optimized, does not require lots of resources and it provides great download speeds.
According our tests and users testimonials, NZBVortex appears to be one of the best NZB clients for OSX.