NewZFinders is a freeware NZB Usenet search engine, made by ZProDuCTioN. In direct comparison with online search engines, it has more options and settings. It was originally created for French users so if you speak french, its probably worth checking out.
- Up to 2500 results per search.
- Multiple search criteria (minimum size and maximum, age maximum retention (up to 1000 days), can only see the complete archives, search only on selected groups (740 groups), search by Author, exclude a word search, exclude the possibility of items considered spam, whole words only)
- Ability to see the collection of the item (if multiple files)
- Ability of five simultaneous searches
- Ability to delete items already downloaded the search results
- Different color when the item has already been downloaded (blue)
- Different color when the article is incomplete (red)
- Allows you to create a list of favorite groups
- Allows you to search through lists of pre-made group
- Possibility of an internal search (filter) results in
- Saving the names of research carried
- Display information in a section of state bar
- Free unlimited
- Simple and advanced Interface
- Software in French – English – Portugues
- Ability to configure font
- Updated regularly
- Fast support and effective response to problem
Testing results and usage
Once you start an application, you are prompted to chose some basic settings.
It is immediately visible that there are several translation gaps, where an applicaton language is a mix of all three languages available (French, English, Portugues). For example, there are phrases such as œles unsafe files will not affichÃ©s, œRechercher than in the groups checked and similar.
NewZFinders has several search criteria (as mention above), which are visible on the following image:
Once you type in the search term, select desired criteria and press enter, results appear in less than a second.
Search results can be sorted Â further, depending on criteria selected column represents.
Furthermore, each search result can be viewed in more detail, as visible on the image below:
Finally, if you click twice on a particular file, default NZB downloader opens the file.