comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad: new IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad newsgroup
If you have an interest in IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad notebook computers, there is one USENET newsgroup you should certainly visit (additionally, become active within). The group name is comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad and both new and old articles can be found on Google Groups™ archives. It should be noted though, that this group is not IBM/Lenovo official support forum. Naturally, netiquette rules should be respected while posting; in other words, offensive language is not allowed, group™s participants are encouraged to use descriptive subjects and similar.
Further, users should also bear in mind that following post types are not allowed:
- Off-topic (not directly related to ThinkPad laptop computers)
- Binaries (except for appended text-encoded digital signatures)
- Spam (including excessive cross-posting)
- Make-money-fast or other chain or fraudulent schemes
- Work-at-home or other scams
- Commercial advertisements, “infomercials,” or announcements
- Auction notices (e.g., eBay)
- Forged articles (anonymous articles are allowed)
- Personal insults or repetitive flaming (attacks)
- Employment (help and/or position wanted) notices
Naturally, it is not allowed to collect e-mail addresses of participants in order to send spam. Authors of this group expect that, in the beginnings, the group itself could have approximately 20 articles per day.