Astraweb Announces Higher Download Speeds
Astraweb has recently announced that they have uncapped the speed limit on their unlimited account members. Until this upgrade, their $10 unlimited accounts had been limited to a 1Mbps download, now their limit has been raised to 5 Mbps for Usenet downloading. Along with their announcement of the uncapping, they also notified us that their unlimited DSL plans, that have no speed limits, are being offered for $11 per month, or $96 per year when you buy through our special hyperlink located on our review page Â check out the Astraweb Speed Test here also.
As per the norm, Astraweb provides their members with free SSL encryption and allow up to 20 simultaneous connections. We are still asserting the DSL plans to be one of the best deals with the $11 special, but not everyone has a DSL, and a $10 plan thathas a 5Mbps download speed will help those people save a little more money in the long run.
Here’s a short review of Astraweb’s Unlimited accounts:
- Unlimited Usenet access for $10 per month for life.
- Higher speed limit “ up to 5Mbps.
- Binary retention is at 920 days, and is continuing to grow.
- A completion rate of 99%.
- Up to 20 concurrent connections.
- SSL encryption included for free.
- Servers in the U.S. And Europe.
To find out more about Astraweb Usenet access, or their $10 unlimited accounts, read our review.